Japanese Salad Dressing

Hoping to recreate some of the salad dressings we've been served in Japanese restaurants, I tried this yesterday.  It was actually a lot more flavorful than the ones I tried to replicate.  I will probably cut back on the amount of onion in my next batch but it is one I'll make again.  I mixed it in a bowl first before pouring it into a Pampered Chef Salad Dressing container.






Ingredients:

1 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
(Not regular mayo.  I found this in a local Asian market.  It is a bit sweeter and more eggy than typical U.S. mayo.)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. onion, grated
1 tsp. ginger root, grated  (I actually about a Tbsp since we love ginger)

Mix all ingredients well in small bowl.  Stir before using. Keep in refrigerator.

Comments

Popular Posts