Oatmeal Brown Sugar Muffins

These are in the oven right now.  I"ll post later and let you know how we liked them.  What I really liked about this recipe is that you can refrigerate it overnight and make them the next morning.


Oatmeal Brown Sugar Muffins

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream  (I had less than a cup of light sour cream in the frig so I added low-fat raspberry yogurt to make a full cup.)

5 Tbsp. butter, softened (I used the new stick I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to cut the fat.)

2 large eggs (You could use an egg substitute)

Nonstick veg oil spray (I used paper muffin cups so I wouldn't have to use some mysterious non-food product)

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, oats, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, butter and eggs.  Mix well.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Stir to blend; do not over stir.
You can cover and refrigerate overnight at this point.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
Bake 20 to 30 minutes (May need less time if you haven't refrigerated this over night.)
Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.

You can add dried or fresh fruit or chocolate chips or raisins, nuts to this recipe.  If you do, recipe suggests tossing 1 cup fruit with 1 Tbsp. flour first and then fold into mix.

Comments

Popular Posts