Salisbury Steak

When I was a kid, Swanson TV Dinners made a Salisbury Steak that I liked. I didn't know it was glorified hamburger until years later. Tastes have changed and TV dinners just don't do it for me but I still had fond memories of this thing called Salisbury Steak.

I found this recipe in a dutch oven cookbook and tried it last night for dinner. I tasted a lot better than a TV dinner and I'll definitely make this again. It was a hit.


Salisbury Steak


8-12 oz lean ground beef or turkey
1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
14 small soda crackers, crumbled
1/4 cup skim milk

1 -12 oz fat free beef gravy
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. light ketchup
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine meat, onion flakes, parsley flakes, crumbs and skim milk.

Form into 4 patties and place in Dutch oven (I used a 8" x 10" baking dish coated with non-stick spray.)

In a small bowl combine the gravy, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and black pepper.
Spoon over patties. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through.

Comments

Popular Posts