Debi's Quick Ravioli Soup

This recipe came from the Food Section of The Oregonian newspaper. I'm making this tonight for dinner. (I often still say supper.) I've made this often when needing something quick and easy.

Debi's Quick Ravioli Soup

2-14 oz. cans chicken broth (I'm using home made broth that I had frozen.
5 cups water (I might cut back on the water to make a heartier soup, especially since I'm using my own broth which is less salty.)
2 cups chunky salsa
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1 --15-16 oz. can whole kernel corn
1-25 oz package Rosetto 5 cheese ravioli (I'm using Sweet Italian Sausage Tortellini.)
1 cup frozen peas

Bring broth, water and salsa to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
Add corn, carrots and ravioli (Depending on cooking time of the pasta, I might let the carrots cook an extra 5 or 10 minutes before adding the ravioli.)
Reduce heat to medium high and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until carrots and ravioli are just tender.
Add peas, stir and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts