Sally Lunn Bread

Time has really flown by and it's been a while since I posted. Today I'm sharing an easy and tasty bread machine bread.

Sally Lunn Bread

1 cup milk
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 egg (slightly beaten)
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. yeast

Place milk in margarine in small bowl and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to get warm (not hot). Pour into machine, add egg, then flour, salt, sugar and yeast (or put ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer of your bread machine).

For best results use the white bread, light crust cycle.

My bread machine is getting quirky as it gets older. I added another cup of flour while this was kneading in the bread machine because it was just too "gloopy". I also have to tip my machine and do a bit of stirring with a spatula while it first mixes. It's still a great tasting bread so it's worth a bit of extra tweaking.

Comments

Popular Posts