Pumpkin Fluff Pie

This has been my family's favorite pumpkin pie recipe since I was a child. I continue to make it for my own family every year at Thanksgiving. It's lighter than the traditional pumpkin pies which matters after a heavy meal.

This recipe isn't difficult but it has several steps. Read through the recipe first to understand how it all comes together.

Pumpkin Fluff Pie

3/4 cup brown sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup milk
3 egg yolks

Cook and stir the above ingredients in a saucepan until it comes to a boil.
Take off the stove and stir in

1 1/4 cup pumpkin

(Pumpkin not filling. I cook up our Halloween pumpkins, freeze them and use it in this recipe.)

3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar

Beat the 3 egg whites until soft peaks form.
Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar
Fold into pumpkin mixture. (Folding is important. Don't stir or beat.)
Turn into baked pie crust.
Chill until firm.

Comments

Popular Posts