Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Oatmeal

 


I like oatmeal.  I like oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon even better.  It took me a long time to figure out how easy it is to improve a pot of oatmeal.  You can add nuts, seeds, dried fruit. . .change the spices.

Print copy on Google Docs

Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Oatmeal

Ingredients

1 medium apple, diced.

1 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats 

(You can use quick oats.  I like the extra crunch and use old-fashioned like quick.i.e. same cooking time.  I like oatmeal with character not super mushy.)

1 tsp. cinnamon -- could also use pumpkin pie spice or add a pinch of nutmeg. . .

dash of salt

2 cups water.


Instructions:

Dice apple, set aside.

Bring water to boil.

As it heats add cinnamon, apple, salt.



Bring to boil, add oats.

Boil about 1 minute.

Cover saucepan and let set a few minutes for water to absorb.

Stir and serve.

Makes about 4 servings.


Comments

Popular Posts