Chocolate Chip Muffin Cookies

Just made a double batch of these to use up some strawberry yogurt I had in the frig.  There are an interesting cross between a cookie and a muffin.  While I still prefer the traditional chocolate chip cookie, I'm not unhappy with the result especially since I didn't have to waste the yogurt.  I hoped to add a picture but our computer is having a major tantrum.

Chocolate Chip Muffin Cookies

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1-8 oz container plain, low-fat yogurt (I used lowfat strawberry-flavored yogurt but most any flavor would work as well.)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips  (I used 2 cups when doubling.  For this amount of dough I'd add only 1 cup of the chocolate chips.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place oats in shallow baking pan. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
Cool slightly, then place oats in food processor. Process until ground; set aside
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds.
Add brown sugar, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined.
Beat in yogurt, eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.
Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
Stir in oats and remaining flour and chips.  Blend well.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
Let cool on cooling rack.

Comments

Popular Posts