Tuna Melt

I got this recipe off the Spark People site.  It was submitted by FLUTTER1.  I quickly prepared them for lunch and they were a hit.  You could also use then as a quick dinner and add fruit and/or a side salad.

Tuna Melt

1 can albacore tuna packed in water
1 Tbsp. pickle relish
2 Tbsp. Hellman low fat mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. chopped onion
(I added about 1 tsp. creamy horseradish)
2 slices medium tomato (I skipped these this time.)
1 slice Swiss cheese (I used Provolone.)
1 English Muffin  (I also used a left-over hamburger bun and had plenty of the tuna mix.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix tuna, onion, mayonnaise, pickle relish and horseradish (optional) in a bowl until well combine.
Lightly toast the English muffin. 
Place a spoonful of tuna mixture on each half of the English muffin.
Top with tomato slice and half a piece of cheese
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Comments

Popular Posts