Ginger Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes

I wanted to try a different pork roast recipe and found this in a Better Homes and Garden Cookbook.  I didn't have sweet potatoes at home so I used baby carrots instead.

Ginger Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" chunks  (I used several handfuls of baby carrots instead.)
1 large onion, cut in wedges
1 large red bell pepper cut into 2" pieces (I didn't have one so I skipped this ingredient.)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 t sp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 boneless pork loin roast (about 2 lbs.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place potatoes, onion and pepper in large roasting pan. 
Drizzle with olive oil and 1/4 tsp. salt.  Toss to coat and push to perimeter of pan.
In small bowl, combine the ginger, allspice, cinnamon and the remaining salt; stir well.
Rub the spice mixture on the pork and place the pork in the center of the pan.
Roast for 1 hour or until vegetables are done and pork reads 155 degrees in the center and the juices run clear.
Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Comments

Popular Posts