El Pollo Loco Beans

Andy and I loved El Pollo Loco's chicken, rice and beans.  It was one of the things we missed most after we returned to the Pacific Northwest.  I got a small pressure cooker recently and had to try this recipe in it tonight.  We also tested the recipe for El Pollo Loco chicken.  Andy grilled it on the barbecue.   We broke out the corn tortillas and used the fresh bruschetta I had just made and had a feast.

El Pollo Loco Beans

1/4 cup corn oil (I used olive oil.)
5 Serrano peppers (I used 4 and it was sufficiently spicy.)
2 tsp. ground Serrano pepper (Couldn't find this locally so I substituted 1 tsp. California Chili pepper powder.)
1-28 oz. can pinto beans, drained
3/4 cup water (I flavored the water with chicken boullion powder.)

Heat oil in saucepan.
Add whole peppers (I cut up the peppers which made the beans spicier.) Saute until tender.
Add ground Serrano pepper, beans and water.
Stir well.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
Simmer for 17 minutes, stirring often until thick.
Serve.


I used my pressure cooker and these were done in about 3 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts