Spicy Lime Grilled Chicken Breasts

I used chicken breasts with bone-in and skin on for this recipe because that's what was on sale.  You can make a leaner version by using boned, skinless chicken breasts.  When we tried this last night, most of the family was pleased with the result.  I still found it lacking.  Next time I marinade anything, I'm going to pierce the chicken meat in several places to try to get the flavor to really get into the meat.

Spicy Lime Grilled Chicken Breasts

1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
3/4 tsp. salt
6 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (or 12 skinless, boneless chicken breasts about 3 1/2 lbs.)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro  (I brought home parsley by mistake so I used 1 tsp. dried, crushed cumin.

Combine oil, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and cumin in a medium bowl.
Pour over chicken breasts and marinade for several hours or overnight in refrigerator.
Grill and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts