Buttermilk White Bread

This is in my bread machine right now.  (Well, it was on Saturday.)  My goal for the 4 weeks is to make as many things from scratch as possible.  I don't like all the preservatives and ingredients with names I can't pronounce being in the food I eat.  Ideally, this would be a high fiber grain bread but I have 2 children who aren't very fond of things made with whole wheat or whole grain.  I try and put half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat in a lot of things I bake.  Sometimes it's a hit with my son.  Other times not.  He has yet to really discover how lucky he is to have a "baking momma."

Buttermilk White Bread

1 1/4 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup buttermilk powder (in the baking aisle)
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. yeast

Place ingredients in bread pan in the  order suggested by the manufacturer.
Use Basic cycle.

Comments

Popular Posts