Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are in the oven right now.  I discovered that I had 2 cartons of sour cream in the frig after I bought more.  So I found a recipe for sour cream cookies at Allrecipes.  http://allrecipes.com/  I've doubled the batch and did some of my usual variations on the original recipe. This is a moist cookie and the dough will be very sticky.  I store with wax paper between the layers so they don't stick together.

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

You can also add raisins or nuts to this recipe.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line cookie sheets with aluminum foil or parchment before baking.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Beat in the eggs and sour cream until well blended.
Sift together the flour and baking soda; stir into the butter mixture.
Mix in chocolate chips and nuts and or raisins if using them.
Drop dough by Tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet.  Leave 2 inches between cookies.
Bake 13-15 minutes, until lightly colored.  Cool on wire racks.

Comments

Popular Posts