Ruby-Approved Dog Biscuits

Here is another great recipe from my friend, Kathy Murphy.  We ran out of store-bought dog biscuits yesterday and I made a batch of these last night.  The dough is great!  (It doesn't stick easily.)  Ruby loves them and I love that I know exactly what' in them.


Pumpkin Dog Biscuits


1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I had some from last years pumpkins in my freezer.)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used commercial and it worked just fine.  Natural is a healthier option.)
1/4 cup water


Preheat Oven to 325.
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
Blend the wet and dry together.
Knead until smooth
Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut into biscuits
Bake 12-15 minutes.  Turn oven off and leave in 30 extra minutes to dry.
Take out cool completely.  Store in air tight container.


I have a cute little bone cookie cutter that I got at the Decorette shop in Portland.   This is definitely a baking project that kids might love.  The dough smells wonderful.  (It tastes very bland as my daughter can attest.)
It's got a great play-dough like consistency and doesn't stick easily.  I had a blast making them and hogged this project all to myself.


Comments

Popular Posts