Oven Fried Chicken

I tried this last night and while everyone else in the family liked it, I did not.  I'm getting really tired of chicken so that might explain my lack of enthusiasm.  I do think that this recipe has potential and because the other family members out voted me I decided to share it with you.

Oven Fried Chicken

I first typed: Oven Friend Chicken which is kinda' a cute name.

1/2 of a chicken. . If you want just chicken breasts use 3 or 4. Skin on works better for this recipe but you could try it with skin off as well.
1 1/2 cup sour cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
several dashes of Tabasco
4 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 to 2 Tbsp. Monterey Chicken Seasoning (You can use any season blends that work well with chicken, such as Italian seasoning, rosemary, thyme, sage. .)
salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place a cooking rack on top of a large cookie sheet.  Spray the rack with vegetable cooking spray.  (I also placed foil over the cookie sheet for ease of clean up.)
In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, garlic and Tabasco.
In another bowl, stir together the cornflake crumbs, seasonings, cheese and salt and pepper.
Coat the chicken with the sour cream mixture, then roll in the cornflake mix.  (I use a plastic bag to shake and bake.)

Arrange the chicken on the top of the cooling racks on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

The next time I try this recipe, I'll add some of the seasonings to the sour cream and marinate the chicken in it for at least 4 hours before rolling it in the cornflake mixture. 

Comments

Popular Posts