Meatballs

Lately, I've been craving these.  I was going to make Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight but I just might make spaghetti with meatballs instead


Meatballs

1 lb. ground beef
1/2  cup dried bread crumbs  (I often just tear up a couple of slices of bread into small pieces or whirled them in the food processor.)
1/4 cup milk (I vary the amount of milk I add.  It depends on the size of the egg and whether or not the meatballs will form easily.  Sometimes I add just a Tbsp or so.)
3/4 tsp. salt.  (I often cut this to 1/2 tsp.)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup.)
1 egg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together with your hands.
Shape into 1 1/2" meatballs.
Place in ungreased rectangular pan 13" x 9" x 2 "
Bake uncovered until done and light brown approximately 20 to 25 minutes.  (I usually go closer to 30 because of our oven.)

Comments

Popular Posts