Toasted Sesame Balsamic Asparagus

We had pork roast for dinner and this!  You could also steam the asparagus on top of the stove and use the sauce to drizzle on afterwards.  It's a good time of year for asparagus.  I look for good color and stalks that aren't too thin or too thick.  I like them about as thick as my little finger. (Those of you with dainty fingers might use a larger finger as a gauge.)   Once I get it home I stand the bottom of the asparagus in a bowl of water in my refrigerator.  I change the water daily if I'm keeping it for several days.

Toasted Sesame Balsamic Asparagus

2 tsp. sesame oil
1 lb. asparagus spears,trimmed
2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted.  (I skipped this since I didn't have any and it was still good.)
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spread sesame oil in foil-lined shallow baking pan.
Roll asparagus in sesame oil.
Sprinkle with sesame seed. Arrange spears in a single layer.
Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until tender crisp.
Place on serving platter.

Mix vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and red pepper in small bowl.
Drizzle asparagus with soy sauce mixture.
Garnish with thin strips of lemon peel, if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts