Oat Granola

I tried out this recipe over the weekend and it was well received. The recipe isn't too sweet but just sweet enough. I like to serve it with homemade yogurt and let the yogurt soften the granola before eating.
Oat Granola


3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
1 to 2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
1/4 cup oil (I omitted this and substituted a 1/4 cup of peanut butter)
1/4 cup pineapple juice (I upped this to 1/3 cup since omitting the oil.)
1/2 cup mashed banana (I used 2 medium-size bananas and just tossed them in the blender without mashing.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine oats, seeds, almonds, cinnamon and salt in large mixing bowl.
In a blender combine the oil or peanut butter, pineapple juice and banana and blend well.
Pour over oat mix and still to coat.
Spread on cookie sheet and bake about 30 to 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. (I baked a little less than 30 since the oats were getting very toasty.)
When cool store in airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts