Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken

Whole chickens were on sale recently.  I used one to make chicken stock, etc and the second for this recipe.    The next time, I'll try brining the chicken overnight in salt water and spices to help permeate the meat with flavor.   I'm always searching for interesting ways to "bump up" chicken's flavor.

Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken

1 lb. potatoes, cut into wedges
2 lbs. chicken, rinsed and cut up
6 medium carrots, sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. mustard  (I used Dijon)
1 tsp. dried rosemary (no rosemary so I used thyme)
2 head garlic peeled
salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a shallow pan, (I used a roaster) toss potatoes and carrots with oil, salt and pepper.
Nestle peeled garlic cloves amongst the vegetables and scatter the thyme on top.  (I also added a half of a large onion, chopped.)
Arrange the chicken among the vegetables and bake uncovered for 30 minutes
Meanwhile stir the honey and mustard together.
At 30 minutes, remove the pan from the oven.  Carefully take the chicken from the pan and place on a clean plate.  Spread the honey mixture over the chicken.
Stir the vegetables in the pan, return coated chicken to the pan and place pan back in oven.
Bake another 10 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Serve

Comments

Popular Posts