Dijon Pork Chops for the Slow Cooker

I needed another easy recipe last night and I had pork chops planned for dinner. I found this in a cookbook from the library and gave it a try. I'll definitely make it again.

Dijon Pork Chops

1 --10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp. black pepper
(a added about 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes as well.)
5 medium potatoes cut into thin slices
1 medium onion, sliced
4 pork loin chops.

In large bowl combine soup, wine, mustard, thyme, garlic and pepper.
Add potatoes and onion.
Stir to coat.

Transfer to 5-quart slow cooker.

Trim the fat from the chops and brown in small amount of olive oil in hot large skillet.
Place chops on top of potato mixture. (I used some of the sauce to cover the chops as well.)

Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat for 3 1/2 hours.

(Some of the potatoes were still a bit crunchy so I'll cut them thinner the next time. I'm also going to add some thinly sliced carrots next time as well.)

Comments

Popular Posts