Cake Mix Cookies

This is easy week here in the Sturgeon House. Still fighting the flu and thinking about doing everything the easy way. I discovered this recipe in a Heloise column in the local newspaper some years ago. Cake mixes vary as to consistency and to taste. Some mixes make better cookies than others. (I really like spice cake mixes for this recipe.) I often add chocolate chips or nuts or. . . when I make a batch. They tend to be very sweet so we do prefer the good old-fashioned home-made cookie but these aren't bad.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Blend well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

(Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts or other add in. Optional)

To cut the fat content, I sometimes use 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce. The cookies will be stickier but they will taste fine and be lower fat.

Comments

Popular Posts