Spinach Fettucini Alfredo

Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo

Pulling together some ingredients found in my pantry and refrigerator, we enjoyed a quick and tasty meal this evening.  I'm sharing it hear so I won't forget what I did.

1 Bag Dried Spinach Alfredo -- 12 oz.
4 frozen chicken breasts
small amount of olive oil
4 large mushrooms
1/2 medium onion diced
1 small head of broccoli
black olives
1 jar Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce

Saute the frozen chicken breasts in small amount of oil oil over medium-high heat.
When almost cooked through, cut into bite-sized pieces and return to pan.
Add onion, mushrooms, olives and broccoli to same pan/
Steam broccoli until tender firm.
Add Alfredo sauce and stir well to coat all ingredients.
Salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Don't overcook the broccoli.

At the same, time bring large pot of water to boil.
Boil noodles until al dente according to directions on package.
Drain noodles and toss with small amount of olive oil or butter to prevent sticking.
Serve with sauce.

Next time I will add red pepper and more olives for flavor and a pop of extra color.  I will also add a dash or two of Tabasco.

Comments

Popular Posts